Towards Rural and Outback Health Professionals In Queensland
The University of Queensland’s Rural and Outback health interest group.
TROHPIQ is Queensland’s rural health club dedicated to helping medical, nursing and allied health students experience the unique career and lifestyle opportunities to be found beyond the big town of Brisbane. We established ourselves in 1994 and have been working towards this goal since then. The club is now open to many universities around Queensland.
Put simply, RURAL HEALTH IS AWESOME.
What TROHPIQ offers:
- Clinical skills days
- Trips to regional and rural Queensland
- Assistance with organising electives
- Social events – Bowties and Beauties Charity Gala, networking evenings, BBQs and more
- Financial support to attend conferences
- Rural careers information and advice
- Representation to the National Rural Health Students’ Network
- And much more!