Welcome First Years
Here are some resources to get you started!
UQMind and Taking care of your mental health and wellbeing in Medicine
- UQMind is the wellbeing arm of the UQMS. While UQMind promotes mental health and wellbeing in medicine, they are just medical students like yourself. If you would like to seek professional help, please talk to your GP. You can find out more details of professional resources that are available to you at: http://uqmind.org/resources-1
- More info coming soon!
UQMS Year 1 Drive
- Year 1 UQMS
- To access the drive, you will need a password that is included in each of our monthly UQMS member emails
How to Enjoy Med School
- How to Enjoy Med School Booklet Coming Soon!
UQMS Social Media Links
- First Year Page (Class of 2024): UQ MD Class of 2024 | Facebook
- All Years Page (This page has information and events that are relevant to all years of the MD program): UQMS Students – All Years | Facebook
- Instagram: UQMS (@uqmedsoc) Instagram photos and videos (@uqmedsoc)
- Youtube (Med Revue): UQ Med Revue – YouTube
- AMSA Medical Student Guide: Starting Med Guide
- AMSA UQ Facebook Group: AMSA @ UQ | Facebook
- AMSA UQ Instagram: AMSA @ UQ (@amsa_uq) Instagram photos and videos (@amsa_uq)
Keen to be involved in UQMS?
See below for First Year Convenor and Rep Positions:
- Year 1 Representative
- Year 1 International Student Committee Representative
- Junior AMSA Representative
- Keg II Convenors (Group position)
- First Year End of Year BBQ Convenors (Group position)
- Rainbow Med Events Coordinator
- UQMind Events Convenor: Morning Tea
- UQMInd Events Convenor: Blue Week
- UQMind Events Convenor: Symposium
- UQMind Engagement: Phase 1
- Diversity, disability and inclusion: Diversity, disability and inclusion – my.UQ – University of Queensland
- Medical Student Support: Student support – Medicine Program – University of Queensland (uq.edu.au)
- And more!